XPERT EDU : School Management System
The only software need to run your school Smarter
We would like to thank you for purchasing Smart School ! We are very pleased you have chosen Smart School for your institution, you will not be disappointed! Before you get started, please be sure to always check out these documentation files. We outline all kinds of good information, and provide you with all the details you need to use Smart School.
If you are unable to find your answer here in our documentation, watch our Video Tutorials, you can also visit our Help & Support. Chances are your question or issue have been brought up already and the answer is waiting to be found. If you are unable to find it anywhere, then please go our Support section and open a new Support Ticket with all the details we need. Please be sure to include your site URL as well. Thank you, we hope you enjoy using Smart School!
To installing Smart School, your web server must be running PHP 5.6 or higher and Mysql 5.5 or higher. We have tested it with Windows, Mac and Linux but for optimum performance we will recommend to use Linux with Apache webserver. Below are a list of items you should ensure your host can comply with.
- PHP 5.6+
- MYSQL 5.5+
- MYSQL SQL_MODE must not contain ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY
- Mod_rewrite Apache
- MBString Extension
- MYSQLi Extension
- fileinfo Extension
- Zip Extension
- CURL Extension (recommended)
- PHP max_execution_time should be atleast 60 seconds for smoother installation
* In most hosting accounts, these extensions are enabled by default. But you should check with your hosting provider.
Before installation of Smart School, you must make few directories/files writeable so Smart School can work properly. Below are a list of directories/files you should ensure that have write permissions.
Smart School comes with a simple automatic installer.
Check YouTube video tutorials for easy installation
- Smart School installation on CPanel
- Smart School installation on XAMPP
- Smart School installation on WAMP
- Configure database connection
You need to have previously setup database from the cPanel or your hosting provider. Here is a good tutorial how to setup MySQL database in cPanel if you are not familiar with this.
- Login to cPanel by accessing www.yourdomain.com/cpanel and navigate go MySQL Databases.
- Create database first.
- Create user and setup your password.
- Add the user to database by selecting the database and the username.
Make sure you have checked All privileged when adding the user to database.